Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture
Alma 42:31 And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words. Amen.

~Returning with Honor~ Elder Wood is coming home!

Sweetness!

Sweetness!
Africa's future 'is with the children'

Missionaries

Missionaries
Barbed wire....again!

Preparation Day!

Preparation Day!



Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 3, 2011

Dear Family,

    I hope everyone had a great and wonderful week! So, 2010 is come and past and now 2011 has come, this will be the big year for us to pass through. I will not see America or you guys through this entire year, crazy huh? But just like always time will come and go and the year will pass. This week has been amazing for me, one of the best I've had yet to tell you the truth. Right now, it's the craziest weather, this place really seriously is cold in the mornings, like right now the fan is blowing and I'm freezing, yeah really I never would have guessed, this place is very dry. I never would have guessed this place could actually feel cold. When I get home I will literally freeze because it will be April; still some cold days might come and everything. Monday our branch had a branch party so, after talking to you guys we went and visited. The children sang some cute Christmas songs and they gave some small gift exchange and stuff. Tuesday we were just in Looking Town, I seriously love that place, I love the children so much. I love when we are teaching and some of the kids are fighting over who gets to sit next to me. It touches my heart, they are so cute, and I adore them. Wednesday we had a Zone meeting, I really felt like I spiritually and mentally prepared myself for this one and in return I feel like I've changed my life. Saturday I was privileged to perform three baptismal ordinances, ahh, it was great. I've seen all the baptismal candidates come all the way up, leaving their bad habits, confess them to us and put their faith in God and Jesus Christ and enter the waters of baptism; what a sweet scene to see. For New Year's Day we were invited to eat at one man's house in Thunderhill so, that was our celebration really. Of all the days of this last week now Sunday was the best I'd say, the most happened. So church now starts at 10:30 for Kissy 2 and 12:30 for Kissy 1. Yesterday we got inside the taxi and headed to church, the man was smoking that was driving so we asked him to stop. He did, we drove till we reached the chapel then I got out of the car as my companion handed the man a 5,000 note. I could sense something wasn't right. Finally the man parks the car and gets out and comes and starts screaming at us that it's fake money we are using. We say sir we are missionaries we didn't know, he says, "I'm a police man, I know fake money; tell me why you are walking with fake money?" People start to hear and before we know what's happening the whole church it seems like is there yelling and talking. The man says "no, I will not take money, I'm taking this and this man and I'm taking him to jail!" So still they argued, argued, argued, finally the man saw how mad everyone was, he took the money and left. I seriously thought my companion was going to jail yesterday. But I really saw how many people cared about us and stood up for us yesterday, it make me happy to see all those people backing us. What a sweet way to start my Sunday.

    Anyway so many people came to church yesterday, I had an absolute blast. I saw all my people and ya know, I felt something yesterday, it's been a long time since I felt it. Last week I told myself I would bear my testimony so I sort of prepared myself. Usually I'm so busy looking for people and doing this and that, that I miss the most important part of sacrament meeting which is……the spirit that is there. This Sunday I reminded myself of when I was a very small boy and I would sit and shake until I got up and bore my testimony. The same thing happened yesterday. I knew I needed to, I was even nervous for some reason but the way I felt made me smile. It took me back to Parowan 4th ward chapel sitting there building the courage to get up. Yesterday I had one, if not the best spiritual Sundays, and sacrament meeting since I came and I know it was because of how I mentally prepared myself. Well, last night the transfer news came. It looks like I will be leaving my people here in Kissy, sadly enough some of them I won't see until we meet in the celestial kingdom. It pains my heart really but I hope maybe when you come we can pass by and meet them all, I love them so very much. I'm going to Messima Branch, It's in Bo! Looks like I've finished in Freetown and it's on to Bo. I'm excited to go but sad to leave the people. I love you all. Have a great week. Happy New Year!

                Love your son,

                    Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment