Favorite Scripture

Favorite Scripture
Alma 42:31 And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words. Amen.

~Returning with Honor~ Elder Wood is coming home!

Sweetness!

Sweetness!
Africa's future 'is with the children'

Missionaries

Missionaries
Barbed wire....again!

Preparation Day!

Preparation Day!



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Family, Let me just tell you the most amazing thing in the world.  When we were going to Bo a few weeks ago we were talking to president Roggia about meeting the apostles and how it is and stuff and he asked me if i could meet any of them who would I choose.  I said that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland for sure.  He said well Elder if you stay faithful and obedient I promise you that you will one day meet him.  Righteous desires are given to us by faith and also with our prayers.  Well, on friday President Roggia called and said I have been thinking about what you have been saying about having faith that Elder Holland will come ( we had previously been making a joke about where we would possibly house him if he came and how there is a very slim chance that he would actually be able to come, it is pretty primitive here).  Well, he said elder I want you and Elder Priddis to call the zones and tell them to prepare to receive Elder Holland into this mission for a visit in February!!!!!!!!!!!  I couldn't even sleep that night just tossing and turning.  Elder Holland is coming to Sierra Leone and also Elder Snow and his wife.  I can't think of anyone in the world apart from the prophet himself, I would rather meet and even just shake his hand!!  Oh, I am so happy and excited. How cool is that though?   I got my drivers license this week and have been driving it's pretty crazy but a lot of fun and pretty much I am loving my mission more than I ever thought you could love something.  Having the time of my life and trying each day to become more like my savior Jesus Christ. What could be better! have a great week, I love you all so much, thank you for the package and the support I miss you all! love your son, Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment